Thursday, May 28, 2009

Goodbye, Caesar!!

Last night we said goodbye to Caesar. Fredrik woke up very, very early this morning, so that he could drive Caesar to the summer house, and then drive to work. So we hope that Caesar enjoys the next 3+ weeks at the summer house. :)) It is his most favorite place to be. :)

I'd say packing is pretty under control. Even though we did about 6-7 loads of laundry at the summer house this past weekend, I still need to do a couple more and wash up Leia's stuff that we use all the time. It is very difficult to know what kind of clothes to take for her.

I bought her a shirt the other day (a very light weight tank-top type shirt).. and what size did I have to get that would fit her?? A 4-5 toddler!!! (104-110) I held it up and Fredrik said that that wouldn't fit her, thinking it was a dress, and then I told him it was a shirt.. :))

We'll go shopping tonight to get food we need to take on the trip wtih us, like packages of välling and gröt to have while we are in the US, and jars and boxes of välling and gröt to have on the airplane with us (single serving portions), and snacks and stuff like that. I'm stealing back Leia's stash of diapers at daycare today, to have for the trip.

We'll try to leave as early as we can on Saturday, and Farmor has said they are visitng her father that day, so we are going to try to meet them at his apartment and visit with Leia's great grandfather.

Now on to more packing, laundry, dishes, and cleaning!

3 comments:

mormor said...

I am like Caesar. I love the summer house also:) Time is getting close. I still need your flight info.

The McDonald's said...

I'm in the same boat about packing for Lillie. I just haven't started yet and since she's still nursing...food is pretty much covered. I am taking some formula and bottles though just in case. Since I'm a procrastinator when it comes to packing, I will start on the 6th!! See u soon!!!! I'm so excited!!!

Hillary said...

That is the thing with completely changing climate. Here she has to have thick pants, a jacket and sometimes a hat. And we'll be going to the US, and she probably will only be able to wear a diaper it will be so warm.. :/ It is difficult! :) And we aren't taking any shoes or socks, because we can get them SO cheap there.

I'm usually done very early with packing, but it has been more difficult this time for some reason.

I think Lillie should behave well on the plane! Just make sure she either breastfeeds or takes a bottle or has a pacifier during landing and take-off! That is usually the only time they cry, when their ears are trying to adjust.

Ugh.. Leia is trying to put in Dr. Seuss in the DVD, even though she doesn't like it..... Mommy to the rescue..

We're excited too btw!! :))