Sunday, May 10, 2009

Crazy, crazy Leia.

This morning I went to get Leia out of bed, around 07.00 -- and I went to pick her up and she pushed me away. She was sitting in bed, holding her favorite cat in one hand and pointing at the figures on her sheets with the other. And talking to them. She was happy. :)

Then she took her index finger and her thumb and tried to pull her toe nail off! She pinched and finally pulled and then she slooowly lifted her fingers to her face and she saw her finger nail and she became SO excited !! :D She thought she pulled off her toe nail! :) Then what did she do?? She put her fingers in her mouth to eat it! :D And she said, "MMmmmm!!" :D What a silly, silly baby. :)

She wouldn't leave her bed though. She wanted to stay and play! So I left her in her crib with the light on and I went back to bed. :P About 30 minutes later she started complaining, so I got her out and put her in her playpen so she could read her books (what she does every morning when I shower), and she says "doodoo!!"

Doodoo = cheerios
:/ :)
So she gets a handful of cheerios, by request.


Yesterday we had a great day! Despite my horrible morning. :/ I was very sick yesterday, but we decided to go to Karlstad anyways for the hunting of a "umbrella" stroller to take with us on our trip to the US. We definitely will need one when going around in the airports.

Here is what we bought::





There was a black one, but Fredrik didn't want black. He really liked the bright pink one, and he said there would be no chance of confusing Leia for a boy.. :)



Then we made our way to IKEA (of course). :) Fredrik was hungry, so he got a hotdog in the lobby, and I decided to try to eat something, so I got a popsicle. That was at 13.30 or something like that and the first thing I had been able to keep in my tummy all day. :( But then I was starving. :D So I got another popsicle on the way out and we stopped at Burger King to have some dinner.

We didn't have anything we needed to get at IKEA, so we just slowly looked around. We did get a lamp to replace the one that Leia broke not too long ago. And a few other odd and end things.

It was crowded at IKEA, but it really wasn't that bad. The parking lot was packed but it wasn't that crowded in the store.








Leia had her first chicken nugget! She would only eat one, but she liked it well enough. She tried her first french fry, but she wasn't too fond of that at all. She just threw them away. :)

About 6-7 guys came in from a local soccer club and sat near us. She was laughing up a storm and they kept looking at her and watching her and grinning from ear to ear. :)


Leia really wanted to play outside when we got home. One of her favorite games now is to play peek-a-boo behind the curtain.






The neighbor was outside, and her grandson was visiting, and he was also outside with her. I could hear him asking his grandmother, "Can I go play with Leia??" :) So she said of course, and the two played together for well over an hour. :)














Leia aboslutely loves him! They played SO well together. :) The two played and then Fredrik and I got to chat with the neighbor a lot and that was also very nice. :)

The boy's name is Nils, and he is 4 years old. He has a little sister, Alice, that just turned 1. The neighbor said that everytime he is at their house, he asks if he can come over and play with Leia. :) And yesterday, they were both out at the same time and so it worked out well. He was SO good with her! He held her hand and led her around, helped her up and down the stairs, gave her hugs and petted her cheeks. :)) It was SO adorable!! :)

A fantastic end to a fantastic day!!

3 comments:

mormor said...

I love, love, love these pictures!!!!! She seems to be having so much fun!!!

The McDonald's said...

Don't be surprised if you still get asked if she's a he. There's pink on Lillie's stroller and I still get asked if it's a boy...she even wears a lot of pink!! ughhh

Hillary said...

Carie!

That reminds me. At a baby store once in Sweden, not long before you were pregnant, I saw some awesome pacifiers in a baby store. Then you told me that you were having a girl. Ever since then I have been looking for these pacifiers everywhere. On it it said, "I am a GIRL." :D

Then they had ones for boys too.

But of course I haven't been able to find them since.... figures..