Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Warm.


Leia has found the card for our digital TV system.. :/ :) She likes to pull it out. :/ :) She's just showing off..



She heard the vacuum and crawled around until she found it. :))



After bath time. :)
The bruises on her forehead.. :/ We feel so bad for her. Whenever she bumps her head, it is ALWAYS in the same spot. :/





It has been SO warm here. :/ We've been letting her go in her diaper for the past few days.
Yesterday it hit at least 27 degC (80 degF) in the shade.


One of those priceless pictures that you somehow manage to get inbetween the time that you press the button and the shutter opens.






So it has been really warm here.
It was so warm this weekend that Leia had trouble sleeping during the days.. :/ Today she slept fine, though. Last night, Fredrik and I couldn't fall asleep it was so warm. :/ Not supposed to be this warm in Sweden.. that I why I moved here!! :D To get away from miserable heat. :)))

I finally finished my last Swedish assignment this past weekend. What a relief!
It took so long because I had to listen to an hour long documentary, and then write a summary about it. That was just one question of like.. 19 that I had to do.. :/ So it took awhile.

Hmm.. nothing really special going on.. :/ Trying to keep the plants alive in this heat.. not only is it really warm, but it hasn't rained in a month.. :/ Which reminds me that I need to water the plants (in and out). Fredrik takes care of the roses outside, and I do the potted plants.

Leia has been talking up a storm, though.. Her new favorite sound is "gahhh.." She is trying really hard to get out something with a "g."

Her poopy medicine still isn't working and we're giving her 10mL ... so, we'll see the BVC nurse says on Thursday. I'm sure she'll ask how it is going. It is a group meeting for the 7-month appointment. So there will be other families there, and a dentist to talk about dental stuff. We're hoping that none of our parent group people are there.....

I've given up about the friend thing. :) I'm not gonna try. If it happens, it happens. I've got so many great friends anyways. Even if I can't meet with them in person, or even talk with them on the telephone because of time and distance ... then that is okay. :) E-mailing and chatting on the computer are good enough for me. :P

Most of the time I don’t even think about where I belong, or that I need to belong somewhere, because this is my home now. I love living here and I don’t want to live anywhere else … but I guess in situations like I’ve been having here in our wonderful, little town, it makes me think about how I’ll never be "Swedish." But now I’m not sure if I really wanna be Swedish, if it means being like these people.

So I'll just be me.. :P
With my heavy, sarcastic sense of humor, very strong movie addiction, and my strange American-Dalsland dialect.. :P
People in the US think I have a dialect now when speaking English, that I don't sound American anymore ... and I have a horrible tendency to add an "ö" when not necessary in my Swedish ... :T And I have a problem with my a/ä when speaking ... Another "Dalsland" thing. Not surprising, though, seeing as this was the area where I first learned Swedish.

blah blah blah...
Now it is past bed time..!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing the Swedish!!!! The pictures are all priceless:) We can hardly wait til the 16th:)
mormor