Saturday, June 14, 2008

Could it get any worse ?!?!!

Our DVD player decided to die today. And it isn't just the DVD player, it is also the amplifier for the surround sound system. So.. that is probably dead, which means, yeah..... something else to buy.

We haven't been having much luck since we've been living here. Everything seems to be going wrong, or costing lots of money.. :/

We could really use some good luck for something to go our way for at least a little while.

We finally got some rain yesterday evening, and a little bit today. Not nearly enough. We hardly have a patch of green grass in our yard.

We are waiting until Mormor and Morfar get here before we put Leia's new carseat in the car. We want to try all the best positions to find out where we have the most room with all of us in the car. We want to avoid putting it in the front seat, because then we have to turn the airbag off. And to do that, we have to go to Volvo service, and it costs 1500 sek (200$) to have it turned off.

Leia slept 3 hours this morning, and she has been asleep for about an hour now as well. :) She was allowed plenty of orajel today and she has ran around like crazy on the floor. She's been all over the place, and that helps make her more tired.

Her gums are very, very swollen. She is still swallowing all of her saliva. :/ She isn't drooling at all. :/ And because of her teeth, she is fighting us with eating. She is hungry, but won't open her mouth very wide, and turns her lips inwards. :/ So we try to shove in there as much as we can when she opens her mouth.. :/ :))

Some pictures from today:



Leia trying a puff snack. It is made only of corn, and it has no salt, and only 2 grams of fat for the entire bag. Someone at the last appointment (dentist one) suggested them. Leia liked it lots.


Leia and Pappa having fun outside with Caesar.


I had to hold Caesar in my arms, while taking the picture, to get Leia to look up at me.




Of course we had a little-miss-funny-face when it was my turn for a picture with her. *rolling eyes*




And a beautiful Caesar. He has lost all of his Winter weight, and probably weighs ½ of what Leia does.





While Leia napped this morning, I worked in the cellar. Fixing and organizing and reboxing stuff. Fredrik stayed on the main level, to have an ear open for a crying baby. :) Which is why I can't get things done by myself. We don't use the baby monitor anymore, cause it isn't necessary. But when I'm here alone, I don't want to be so far out of ear-shot.

I was able to unpack 2 boxes, and repack those winter clothes into a better storage box. I finally got to put together the container boxes that Mormor + Morfar got for Fredrik and I last year, for Christmas ornaments, etc. That helped to empty out some Christmas boxes. And now the Christmas stuff is better organized and in a safe place. My plan is to do lots of organizing, etc, when my parents get here.

Leia keeps adding lots of new sounds to her vocabulary. :)

Hmm..

While cleaning downstairs.. I found my baby book! :)
Mormor was really good at keeping it filled in.

I found this extremely.. crazy..

Leia is now 8 months and weighs 21 pounds (9,5 kg) and is 28 in (72 cm)...
When I was 8 months old, I was almost the same length, but not as long, even though I was longer than Leia (and Fredrik) when I was born.
But when I was 8 months old, I only weighed 16 pounds (7,2 kg) !!!!
I didn't weigh 21 pounds, until I was 1½ years old !!! :/ :D

Farmor always tells us how late Fredrik was with doing things, crawling, walking, etc..
Well, we definitely know that Leia is taking after Mamma with development.
I was crawling at 5½ months, standing at 6½ months, and walking at 11 months.

I started sleeping through the night at 7 weeks, Leia at 8.

My first word was "da da" at 6 months. It will take Leia a little while longer to start talking, having 2 mother tongues.

And I also got my first tooth at 8 months.. :D

Leia is me reincarnated.. :D

No comments: