Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Painting.

Leia has thoroughly been enjoying daycare this week. :) And I've been enjoying having Fredrik home. Like he said on Monday, it feels like he is playing hooky from work! :)) Cause it doesn't feel like he should be home, especially with Leia gone.

We are getting some things done though, around the house. We've been scraping the drainage pipes and gutters and today we finally started on some painting. Some bad news though, it is suppose to rain the rest of the week.. :( So we hope that it will stay away so that we can paint more. I also scrubbed the back stairs to the cellar, and they look brand new! I also did some finishing painting from last year on the deck. The metal stands for the deck railing was never painted when we moved in and Fredrik did a couple of coats on it last summer, so that it would just be painted. Today I put another coat on and they look fantastic. It looks so good that my project tomorrow, if it doesn't rain, is going to be to repaint the entire deck. :P

Fredrik will paint the last horizontal gutter and then also try to start scraping the vertical gutters. They are difficult to get to. If we get all that done this week, with time to spare, then we are going to do the last few coats of paint needed on one side of the house. Part of the wall has a few coats of paint, and half of the wall has maybe one coat of paint, and then it isn't painted at all near the gutters.. *sigh* .. The outside of the house is a uniform stucco, but it needs special paint and all that.. So surprisingly it is a much bigger job than scraping and painting the gutters.

Tomorrow I will meet with at least one of my teachers, hopefully all 3 of them. Then I will order my books and officially start my classes.

Leia's still not sleeping right. She didn't sleep at daycare today either, and this is what I found when I walked into the hallway, when tired babies don't sleep:



hehe.. :)

But no.. she isn't sleeping. She is pretending. :) That is her scrunched-pretend-sleeping-face. :))) But she did lay in the floor for a veeery long time in the hallway and I did think she was going to fall asleep.

Hmmm... *think*

I made some homemade rhubarb juice the other day! Turned out very well. It was just a little too thick after I bottled it, so we just add a little more water to it and it is very nice to drink!

So Wednesday and Thursday = cleaning and painting
Friday = funeral
Saturday = Going to the summer house to hunt blueberries with Leia. Also to start bringing back firewood.
Sunday = Not sure yet. :P

1 comment:

mormor said...

Glad you are able to get some things done! That pic is adorable!!
She is a little stinker:) I can't imagine what rhubarb juice taste like. yes, I know, rhubarb!!!