Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Emotions.

Lots of emotions started for me last night, knowing that Fredrik was going back to work. I sorta had that pit-of-the-gut feeling that you get the night before you go back to school after Summer break. I want to have him home with me all the time, and I get so "ehh" when he has to go back. :( Just don't want that time to end, that we get to spend together.

Leia also returned to daycare today. The drop-off went really, really well! She gave me lots of hugs and kisses and easily went to her teacher and didn't cry after me or anything, which makes leaving her a lot easier. So I had an empty house today for the first time in a loong time. :) I was a little lonely, but it was also nice to have some quiet time.

Leia will keep her present daycare schedule until the last week of August, and then she will start going 24 hours a week. I registered for classes on Monday, and I'll be going 75% time, 300 points, and it will be 3 classes. I'll be taking: Svenska som andra språk B (Swedish as a Second Language B - 11th grade Swedish), Engelska C (12th grade English), and Samhällskunskap A (10th grade Social Studies). We'll be paying the same amount for Leia as we pay now with her 15 hours a week. Since I'm going to school, she's allowed to have up to 25 hours under the same amount we are paying now. So she'll go Monday-Thursday 9-15.00. I totally feel like I am just throwing her to the side and I hate it. It is bad enough with 15 hours a week.

Ehhh.....

For the most part Fredrik is still alone at work, most everyone will come back next week. Things are going to slow down a lot, especially after summer, so he is thinking of taking more pappa-leave time, and I doubt that neither Leia or I will complain about that. :)

Leia is still talking up a storm. It is SO much fun! She will try to say most everything. One of her most favorite words is "komma" (infinitive form "to come"). She doesn't conjugate the verb, but just says "komma" if she wants you to follow her somewhere. :) The de-pacifiering is going pretty well actually! Whenever she thinks about her pacifier, she shakes her head no, and mumbles something to the extent of "Leia behöver ingen 'bapp'." (Leia doesn't need a pacifier.) :))) Every now and then she will shake her head yes and say something to the extend that she needs a "bapp." :)

One of my most favorite things to watch her do is when she takes a DVD out of the player and wipes it on her shirt and then puts it back in the player. :))) She takes it out to clean it, as she has seen Pappa do so many times. :) She looks so serious and "old" when she is in the act.

No comments: