Sunday, October 04, 2009

Grattis, Pappa!

Leia can't say much, but she did say "happy" today. :)) The "birthday" didn't sound so good. :)) But I think Fredrik liked it anyways. :) He turned 31 today. :) I don't think he really minds being in the 30's. :) We had yummy food today, his favorites, and he received some nice presents. :) I hope he enjoyed his day!

Today I bought us a new TV stand that we needed.

Tomorrow, we are heading to Karlstad to look around, especially to the toy store and to IKEA. It's always fun to look around in IKEA (not sure Fredrik agrees, though). :))

But now Law & Order is over and it is bed time!

I am.. ugh.. not doing so well with my school work. Very difficult to keep up with it. :( I have 2 literature courses, which means lots of reading and lots and lots of writing. I'm not too behind with the English, but the Swedish I'm no where caught up with the work. I think it is also that I am sooooo tired of studying Swedish. I've studied so much repetitive stuff that I can't take it anymore. I have only taken 2 classes here in Åmål, and I've had 3 different Swedish teachers. Total, I've taken 4 Swedish classes and I've had 8 different teachers. :/ And each teacher teaches the same stuff. I don't know how many of the same papers that I've written over and over again. Especially moving from town to town. Luckily, that also enables me to reuse papers that I've already written.. :D

ha..

Now it is bed!

2 comments:

The McDonald's said...

Happy B-day to Fredrik. We celebrated Terry's birthday last night w/a surprise party, but also a goodbye and congrats (for his promotion) party. Lots of people, food, and beer!! I am currently taking this Intro to Culture class where I'm bombing my assignments horribly. The professor has a PhD in Culture and has done A LOT in Cultural studies....I'm struggeling to say the least. I've received 6 out of 10 for all 3assignments. This week is the test...we'll see how that goes.

Kylie Larsson said...

I just started following your blog. My husband (Swedish) and I are in the process of moving from Georgia, USA to Karlstad hopefully sometime in Mar. 2010. How many years have you been taking Swedish and what is your fluency level? I'm curious about the whole process of moving, what happens once we get there, etc.